Where Do We Go From Here? A Virtual Conference on Teaching at Texas
Organized by the UT System Academy of Distinguished Teachers
What have we learned from teaching in the pandemic and how might we use this to make our teaching and our universities even better in the future?
What we hope to do:
- Capture what we have learned from teaching during the pandemic
- Share new best practices and improve the old ones
- Imagine the future of higher education at Texas
- Craft more inclusive pedagogies
- Articulate the value added by excellent teachers
- Promote a system-wide commitment to excellence in teaching
- Create opportunities for collaboration within and across the UT System
Conference Tracks (tracks will be offset, so faculty can attend sessions in all three and participate in generating answers to the conference’s theme questions):
- Incentivizing Excellent Teaching
- Pedagogies of Inclusion and Social Justice
- What do we want higher education to look like after the pandemic?
Logistics: The conference will be entirely online, using Zoom.
The planning committee is working to finalize sessions and presenters from UT System institutions. As soon as these details are finalized, we will post the agenda. The planning committee is composed of Fellows of the UT System Academy of Distinguished Teachers, Directors of Centers for Teaching around the UTS, the UTS Office of Academic Affairs, and university administrators.
Wednesday, April 7 at 12:00amVirtual Event