Prepare For The Job Fair
The Lockheed Martin Career Development Center will host a Prepare For The Job Fair event to help you prepare for the All Majors Job Fair. During the event, you will learn how to communicate your purpose, highlight strengths, and make a strong first impression. The event promises to provide tips, advice, and answer questions that will help you prepare to talk with employer representatives.
The All Majors Job Fair is an excellent way to meet dozens of employers in one place; allowing you to efficiently meet potential employees. Being prepared will ensure you have a positive experience at the All Majors Job Fair!
PREPARE FOR THE JOB FAIR EVENT OBJECTIVES
- Enhance your understanding of a job fair and its purpose.
- Become aware of how to research employers and best prepare to attend the All Majors Job Fair.
- Successfully create and deliver an introduction of yourself.
- Learn how to effectively navigate the All Majors Job Fair.
- Enhance your networking skills.
- Recognize the importance of following up with employers.
PREPARE FOR THE JOB FAIR EVENT DETAILS
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2017
Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Dress: Come as you are
Location: Lockheed Martin Career Development Center, E.H. Hereford University Center, Suite 180 S
ALL MAJORS JOB FAIR DETAILS
Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2016
Time: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Dress: Professional business attire is HIGHLY recommended
Location: Maverick Activities Center (MAC), 500 W. Nedderman Dr. Arlington, TX 76019
Please plan accordingly when preparing to attend the All Majors Job Fair. There is VERY LIMITED parking available at the MAC due to the growth UT Arlington is experiencing. If you need assistance on parking and parking availability, please visit UT Arlington parking at http://www.uta.edu/pats/
DOWNLOAD THE ALL MAJORS JOB FAIR APP!
Please be sure to download our FREE Job Fair App for details on employers registered to attend!!! Search for “UT ARLINGTON CAREER FAIR PLUS” in the App Store and Google Play Store. The app contains the employer list, our calendar of events, and helpful handouts.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE ALL MAJORS JOB FAIR?
Any currently enrolled, degree seeking UT Arlington students or alumni can attend the All Majors Job Fair in both the fall and spring semester. Students or alumni will be admitted on the day of the All Majors Job Fair by using your student ID to swipe in (for currently enrolled, degree seeking students) or by showing your resume (for alumni).
WHY ATTEND THE ALL MAJORS JOB FAIR?
- Students early in their programs can meet employers and learn about future career opportunities.
- Opportunity to interact one-on-one with employers of interest.
- Practice and enhance networking skills.
- Gain awareness of organizations and positions they are hiring for.
- Establish professional relationships and gather contact information from employers.
- Discover a myriad of internship and job opportunities.
- Possibly receive an invitation for an interview.
Tuesday, September 19 at 4:00pm 6:00pm
Lockheed Martin Career Development Center, E.H. Hereford University Center, Suite 180 S
Room 180S, University Center